Are you in the market for a tankless water heater? You may be wondering if this is the right choice for your home. If so, this is the guide for you! Tankless water heaters are becoming more & more popular daily, for a good reason.
This guide will cover everything you need to know about owning a tankless heater, from installation to maintenance, to help you make an informed decision before purchasing one.
So whether you’re just curious about tankless water heaters or you are ready to buy one , read on for all the information you need!
What Is A Tankless Water Heater?
A tankless water heater is simply a water heater that doesn’t have a storage tank. That may not seem like much, but it makes a big difference! Tankless heaters provide hot water on demand, so you’ll never run out of hot water again.
They also take up less space than traditional water heaters since there’s no tank to store the water. Perhaps most importantly, they’re much more energy-efficient than conventional water heaters.
How Does A Tankless Water Heater Work?
- Tankless heaters work by heating water as it passes through a series of coils.
- When you turn on the hot water tap, cold water enters the unit & is heated by the coils.
- The hot water then flows out of the unit & into your fixtures.
Tankless water heaters can provide an endless hot water supply if they have enough power to heat the incoming water.
Benefits Of Owning A Tankless Water Heater
- There are many benefits to owning a tankless heater. Perhaps the most obvious is that you’ll never run out of hot water. Tankless heaters provide an unlimited hot water supply. You can take as many showers as you want, do laundry all day long, or fill up your Jacuzzi without worrying about running out of hot water.
- Another significant benefit is that tankless heaters are much more energy-efficient than traditional water heaters. Tankless heaters only heat the water you need when you need it, which means there’s no standby heat loss, as with conventional water heaters. Tankless water heaters can save you up to 30% on your water heating costs.
- Tankless water heaters also take up less space than traditional water heaters. Since there’s no tank with gallons of water, they can be mounted on a wall or in a cabinet & this frees up space in your home & makes them ideal for tiny homes or apartments.
- Finally, tankless heaters have a longer lifespan than traditional water heaters. Tankless heaters can last up to 20 years, while conventional water heaters typically only last 10-15 years. This makes them an excellent investment for your home.
How To Install A Tankless Water Heater?
Installing a tankless water heater is a big job & should only be done by qualified plumbing professionals. Tankless heaters must be sized appropriately for your home & the water heater installation can be complex. If you’re unsure if you can install a tankless heater yourself, it’s best to hire a professional.
Tankless Water Heater Maintenance Tips
Now that you know about tankless water heaters let’s talk about how to keep them running smoothly. Tankless heaters require very little maintenance, but you should do a few things to keep them running efficiently.
- First, it’s important to descale your water heater every few years. This involves removing mineral deposits from the coils, which can build up over time & reduce the efficiency of your unit. You can descale your tankless units or hire a professional to do it for you.
- Second, you should check the air filter on your water heater every few months. The air filter helps to keep dust & dirt out of the unit & should be replaced if it becomes clogged.
- Finally, it would help if you had your water heater serviced by a professional every few years. This will help ensure that your unit runs efficiently & can prevent problems down the road.
Tankless water heaters are a great addition to any home; with proper maintenance, they can last for many years. Following these simple tips, you can keep your tankless heater running smoothly for years to come.
The Cost Of Owning A Tankless Water Heater
While the upfront cost of a tankless water heater can be higher than a traditional water heater, the long-term prices are often lower. Tankless heaters are more energy-efficient than conventional water heaters, saving you money on your energy bills. They also have a longer lifespan, so you won’t have to replace them often.
Tankless water heaters are an excellent investment for your home & can save you money in the long run. If you’re considering purchasing a tankless water heater, research to find a suitable unit.
Get Your Tankless Water Heater Up & Running Today!
Owning a tankless heater is becoming more popular in the United States. The benefits are clear- you’ll never have to worry about running out of hot water again, and you could even see monthly savings on your energy bill.
If you’re considering making the switch to tankless, or if you’ve already made the switch and are having problems with your unit, be sure to give Proficient Plumbing Solutions a call.
Our team of experts can help you troubleshoot any issue and get your tankless water heater back up and running in no time. Why wait? Contact or visit us today!
Top 3 Frequently Asked Questions About Tankless Water Heaters
1. What Are The Benefits Of Owning A Tankless Water Heater?
There are many benefits to owning a tankless water heater, including an endless hot water supply, lower energy bills, and a longer lifespan.
2. How Often Should I Descale My Tankless Water Heater?
It would help if you descaled your tankless heater every few years to remove mineral deposits from the coils.
3. How Often Should I Have My Tankless Heater Serviced?
Every year, you should have your tankless heater inspected by a professional to ensure it is functioning correctly & avoid future difficulties.